The Hilltop Conservancy
« on: Apr 7th, 2009, 9:53pm »
Q) What is The Hilltop Conservancy?
A) Their Mission Statement:
The MISSION of the Hilltop Conservancy is to keep the Hilltop Reservation as a nature preserve that provides habitat for native wildlife and plant species; and a site that provides respite, enjoyment, and learning activities to the community.
* A 'leave it as you found it' philosophy.
* Curiosity for the natural world and learning opportunities for children of all ages. * Respect for wildlife, natural places and visitors.
* This nature preserve as a community treasure.
Our role as stewards of the Hilltop Reservation property:
* Abundant native plants and animal species in residence.
* A 'go to' place for hikers, bird clubs, learning projects and for those interested in the simple beauty of a nature preserve.
* Lively and ongoing communication with the community about activities and status.
Current PROJECTS and GOALS:
* Provide and maintain walking trails within the Hilltop reservation, and map connections to trails enjoyed by hiking clubs.
* Restore and maintain a meadow with native plants and flowers that provide food for birds and butterflies.
* Provide nesting places for birds.
* Inventory and publish a list of native plants and animals.
* Maintain a website with information about the Hilltop Reservation and activities. * Make available written materials about the Hilltop Reservation and its history.
* Increase the number of friends to the Hilltop Reservation by growing membership in the Hilltop Conservancy organization: meeting as a group to share ideas and tasks.
Hilltop Conservancy of Essex County, NJ
A Non-Profit Organization preserving the quality of life and the resources of nature.
A) http://www.mountainsanatorium.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sanatoria;a ction=display;num=1092182326
A) http://www.mountainsanatorium.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sanatoria;a ction=display;num=1103683695
A) http://www.mountainsanatorium.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sanatoria;a ction=display;num=1150341292